Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How to start your first web page

Of course I would say that to begin creating your first webpage for a new website is easy.
You wouldn’t expect me to say otherwise, would you?

Yet, it is true. At the beginning you really don’t need fancy or expensive software. You don’t even need to worry about the internet at all.

You don’t believe me? I don’t blame you.

All I am going to say to you here is that ‘It is the words you use that are important’

Words that speak your message to your visitors…

  • Words that describe
  • Words that inspire
  • Words that create interest
  • Words that convince words that asks questions
  • Words that command
  • Words of action


There, it is simple. All you really have to worry about at the beginning of making a web page is ‘words’.


By recognizing that your words are going to be the key to the power and success of your website is an advantage to you. It is an advantage because you can write down your words using pen and paper, if you wish. Alternatively, almost all computers will be installed with a basic word processing package.


A basic word processing package of any description can be used by anyone to write. Your story can be written without any restriction. You don’t have to worry about grammar or spelling as you write your first thoughts. You don’t have to concern yourself with anything other than getting your ideas for your website recorded.

You don’t need me to remind you of spelling and grammar checker tools that come with modern word processors, so I won’t.

Another way of recording your ideas is to use a memo recorder. I have found that a low cost MP3 player with an inbuilt microphone is great for capturing ideas. It is small and portable and surprisingly effective, allowing you to record ideas at the moment they come to mind.
Mobile telephones seem to be equally useful.

Don’t get frantic with worry about the detail of website construction and design… it isn’t worth the heartache. Just get down your website ideas, whichever way you want to.

I guess that is why I am finding writing a ‘blog’ so interesting. Rather than having to concern myself with the precision I think is required of a website the words can flow along with my thoughts… pretty good practice for writing a website, in fact.

See, it is simple to start work on the first webpage of your website.

No comments: